Yesterday Blake turned 4 years old! We had lots of fun celebrating throughout the day. He woke up to find his room decorated with streamers and a Happy Birthday banner - compliments of the birthday fairy. After opening a few presents, he dressed in his new Darth Vader t-shirt and camo croc sandals and we headed off to pick-up two of his new friends, Hailey and Walker.
We took a trip downtown to the Children' Museum and spent time at each station. I think they had the most fun popping the ENORMOUS bubbles in the bubble room, shooting some hoops on the mini basketball court, and playing grocery store. Watching 4-year olds interact is so entertaining - not many words are shared, but they seem to figure out how to play and get along. All three kids are really easy going and were easy to have out and about! After the museum, the kids played a bit on the outdoor playground and then we loaded back up in the mini - gotta love it - a seat for everyone! :) Never thought I'd say that, but I've been converted!
During the drive, we were all entertained by Blake's new Leap Frog DVD - the Letter Factory!!! "The A says 'a', the A says 'a', every letter makes a sound, the A says 'a'!" I figure if he watches this DVD once a day for the next 18 months, he'll have no problem in kindergarten!!!! HA! (I'd be lying if I said there isn't an ounce of truth in that last statement.)
We dined at Chic-Fil-A where Blake was enthusiastically serrenaded by 5 Chic-Fil-A personnel. They brought him a birthday balloon and an ice cream sundae - he was loving every minute of it....of course, I had to go purchase ice cream for the other party guests - wouldn't be too polite to let them watch the birthday boy, who was ALREADY getting the presents, eat ice cream alone. (Pretty good business plan if you ask me!)
Blake's dinner of choice was homemade macaroni & cheese (into which I snuck some butternut squash puree) and applesauce muffins (which also contained the squash). They were both a hit and the kids didn't suspect anything. It's my newest kick - "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook by Jennifer Seinfeld...so far very yummy!
Presents & a Star Wars cake followed dinner! He spent the rest of the night trying on his new costumes (Darth Vader, green monster, gorilla). He's really into dressing up and we were in need of some new big boy costumes.
Blake is truly a joy to have around. Just this evening as we were putting the kids to bed, I thought to myself, "This is why I'm a mom - so I can give them lots of kisses and receive so much love in return!" I think the Lord knows how much love a mom needs sometimes, and that's why we're blessed to have children who are so innocent and forgiving and full of selfless love - that's Blake in a nutshell. Oh, and he's so much fun to watch - he makes me laugh every day!
I just couldn't resist this picture! From the looks of it she doesn't make a very convincing villain, does she? But you should see her throw a fit - that would convince you! :)



6 comments:
happy birthday Blake! Loved hearing about his special day. I think birthdays are the best. CUTE kids Chelsie. They are very blessed to have YOU for their Momma. You are the Bomb.
Happy birthday to Blake. The photos are great of your kids and of the friends. I am glad that you guys had a good time.
That's darling! I would love to takl to you! My mom and I were just saying that there are many new developments in our currant drama, that we need to tell you about. Let's talk sooon!
Also, I think i already told you, but I am totally converted to leapfrog letter factory. I tried to teach Jaydn all the ABCs on my own and it was a year's work and he still didint' know them! Then a friend gave us that movie, and ina buot 2 months, he knew every letter and every sound! We love it! The math circus is also great. We miss you. Hope you're doing well.
Love Jessi
a vader fan! a man after my own heart! impressive, most impressive. so sweet and getting so big, addy looks so tall...but our H man would like to see some photos of his little drew :)
How fun, Happy Belated Birthday Blake(say that 10 times fast). I just love kids Bdays. Its our excuse to act like kids too.
Oh how I wish you guys were still here. Dallen is OBSESSED with Star Wars. We've been letting him watch them every Sunday night on Spike TV. He claims he is Anakin (spell?). He doesn't quite understand that he turns into Darth Vader. Anyway it looks like it was such a fun day! Happy birthday Blake!
Post a Comment