Many of you have asked to see some pictures of our home. Last night as I was out watering my flowers, I remembered that I hadn't yet taken outside pictures (or inside pictures), so I grabbed my camera to take a few shots. Here is your own personal tour of the Bruggeman home...(minus the upstairs and basement which were messy and not really decorated yet - those pictures will just have to come later!)
Here is the backyard pation/deck area. We spend lots of time reading and swinging in these skychairs (http://www.skychairs.com/ - made in Denver). There is a deck above which opens from our dining/family room, so it's nice to have shade downstairs. My flowers are still alive since it's only been 2 weeks that I've been taking care of them - let's hope they make it through the summer!
Here are the living and dining room areas - we don't use them much, but they're nice to have for special occassions (I guess?) :) This is the view from the front door - these stairs go up to the bedrooms.
This is looking into our kitchen from the family room - I'm standing right next to the sliding door that opens to the upstairs deck with stairs leading to the backyard - someday we'll have a BBQ and patio furniture, but for now it's just going to be our card table and chairs :)
A fun feature of this floorplan is the double staircase. These stairs go from our family room up to the bedrooms - there is a landing which meets with the front staircase...very handy since I'm constantly making trips up and down between floors.
Here is our family room where we spend 85% of our time. Our home felt like "home" from the minute we walked in the door - we love being together here and look forward to hosting visitors!



3 comments:
Hey! That looks like a "Hole in the Wall" hanging in the hole in the wall above the dining room! Interesting choice :) That's one of my faves. Your backyard looks like ours in reverse - yours goes straight down, ours goes straight up. Love all the photos...where's little Drew?? -- L
Chelsie, it looks great! It looks like you live in a really great neighborhood. I'm sure you guys are going to be very happy there!
Ahhhhh.... this makes me miss you, Chelsie. Your house is beautiful! I'm so happy for you!! And a little jealous of the mature landscaping!! (this is Karen Summers, BTW)
Post a Comment