So I learned from a few experienced moms that in Colorado "Field Days" are a big deal. If you don't show up to watch the games, you're a pretty lame mom. The day (entire day) consists of all sorts of relay events and races - competitive enough to motivate the kids to run fast, play hard, do their best, but not so competitive anyone goes home feeling like a loser.
I was so impressed by the number of different stations, how many parents were there to help and cheer, and the overall excitement and enthusiasm of the day. I made my 1-hour appearance and caught a few cute photos of Adyson at her best. She was having a great time and seemed to have many friends in her class. 1st Grade is such a fun age to watch!
Here's Adyson "serving" up a tray of balls that keep wanting to roll off!
This one is called "Chuck the Chicken" - some of the older kids got this rubber chicken some good air!
My little "hopper" hopped herself right out of my picture - I love her happy expression :)
Batter up!!! She ran right for the blue ball and bat - her favorite color!
One Field Day down, with many, many more to come in the future. It will be fun to have our other kids out there someday running wild and free (with teachers in charge of keeping track of them, instead of me!)



0 comments:
Post a Comment