Our zombie soccer player, Star Wars Clone Trooper and fairy witch made quite a haul this Halloween! Last Saturday we ventured out with our friends, the Jensen's, to the Boo at the Zoo event. I think we may have only paused long enough to see one animal - oh well, candy was more important! We had a great time and will probably make this a tradition as long as our kids aren't too cool for the zoo....
Last night we went trunk-or-treating at the elementary school and and enjoyed watching Drew's face as she checked out all of the gruesomely-decorated trunks. Tonight we did some trick-or-treating in our neighborhood and then headed over the to the Jensen's for a pizza/pasta/salad/candy dinner. The kids hit up their neighborhood for MORE candy. Needless to say - I will be sending POUNDS of candy with Scott to work on Monday!
This afternoon we carved pumpkins, decorated halloween buckets and played soccer in the backyard (in 80 degree weather!) We can't remember ever having a Halloween without layers of clothing under our costumes...it was a nice treat!
This is a REAL black widow spider. I found it in the back of my van a few days ago and FREAKED out! After killing it, I completely gutted my van in search of others - didn't find any, but I sure did clean out some junk!



8 comments:
I love the menu idea, I was also hoping that those close troopers were you and Scott. And who said Drew was alowed to grow up so much, she's hardly recognizable.
Super cute Halloween Picture. We also had nice weather for Halloween it has not been cold hear yet. But it was fun enjoying our first Halloween as parents.
We were at the zoo too. Too bad we missed you amongst a million and one children! Sounds like you had a great halloween! Yeah.
GREAT costumes, boo at the zoo sounds like a lot of fun. how did you even find that spider in your van?! yikes.
Your kids are sooo adorable in their creative costumes! I will have to post some photos of kitty-cat Ava...
That sounds like a lot of Halloween! I was wondering this year when Halloween had turned into a week-long party...I'm glad I'm not the only one who sends the kids' candy to work with dad! How on earth did the spider get in your van?!? That would freak me out too...
Those preschool kiddos look really cute. I can't believe you found a spider in your car. I hate spiders.
Your blog was on Dana's, so I had to look. Hope you don't mind.
garlicboy.blogspot.com
Alrighty... I'm totally frightened!! And it's not actually the costumes that are scary... it's the fact that everyone looks so blasted BIG!!! When did that happen? So very grown up... wow.
I'm SO Not ready!
Post a Comment