CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy trails to you!



We took another family day hike up into a canyon near Boulder. The first sign we came upon said WARNING: Mountain Lions. Okay - I'm not particularly fond of wildlife - it scares me to death, but I especially dislike wild cats (and domesticated ones as well!) So, we read the sign of what to do and what NOT to do and headed up the trail. The trail followed a dry creek which, in the summer, is full of cool, refreshing mountain water.




Drew stopped at each rock to pose for a picture - this is just one of MANY photos like this!

I almost jumped off the trail in fright when I heard a squirrel chattering in a tree and Scott got a good laugh at that. Hey, in my defense, I don't know what a mountain lion sounds like and hope to never find out, but the chattering caught me off guard. Blake found a sharp stick and assured me I was safe with him - what a brave son I have!


Self portrait my Adyson & Mom!

The kids had fun climbing on rocks and racing downtrail on the way back. I too had fun chasing kids and jumping from rock to rock across the stream (we were make-believing it was full of water). I'm excited to head back this summer and get my feet wet with the kids!



Blake's attempt at photography- this one won't be going out as our family Christmas photo, but not bad for a 4-year old!

10 comments:

Nataluscious said...

I had no idea of your fear of cats large and small. Hmmm... will have to use this to my advantage at some point... mwah ha ha...

Emily Sue said...

I love your cute family. Hiking in Colorado is pretty safe. It looks beautiful. Who knew you could go hiking in Boulder in November and not be drudging through snow?!?

Michaelynn said...

Surprising. I imagined it to be much cooler there this time of year, but you guys aren't even wearing coats and the boys are in shorts! Funny. I don't think its warm enough here to do that. Your family is beautiful!

Pearl Girl said...

looks lovely, it is so fun to spend time n nature with the kiddos. and you are braver than I, I think I would have freaked out about the sign.

Adolescent Family said...

Hey Hey!!! I am so glad you left a comment over at our blog. I will be sure to check you guys out now and again.

Your family is so cute! I had forgotten about your youngest! I think the last time I actually saw you, you had Addison and not yet pregnant with #2. Wow! Time flies!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Traci said...

I'm so glad you survived your hike ;-) Thanks for calling on my birthday, it was so thoughtful! I'd love to catch up...I'll try to give you a call this weekend!

cherlyn and family said...

very cute family and you guys look good.

Valarie said...

Looks like so much fun! Where is the snow?? I thought it was cold in CO? We are trying to not be envious of the hiking...nothing to hike up around here except our piles of snow...

Anonymous said...

Cute kids, I can't believe how big your kiddies are.

Sean, Jessi and Jaydn Coletti said...

CHelsie! Hey, I was just thinking about you, and wanted to say hi! Did you ever get that corney message that my mom and I left you on your B-day? HOw are you guys doing anyway? We just got back from a family vacation to Disneyland. It was amazing- so much fun. I was actually going to call you on the drive (15 hours each way) and then my phone died. Anyway- drop me a line if you get a second-
Love you-
jessi