For Labor Day we made the trek back to Idaho! We ended up driving until 2 am to get there since the kids were much easier asleep than awake :) We all had a great time visiting with family and friends that we've missed since our move. I'm grateful we will always have family there to visit so we can stay in close contact with the wonderful friends we have there too!
The kids enjoyed spending time on the 4-wheeler with Grandpa, playing playdo and card games with Grandma, playing in the ditch and dirt with cousins and reuniting with old friends. Scott and I enjoyed time away from home and work and realized just how many people we love and miss in Idaho.
One thing I've learned from our move to Colorado is that the Lord knows where we need to be at each stage of our lives. I can't imagine my life without the experiences I had and friends I made in Idaho - they were truly life-changing times and I made forever friends. Likewise, I can't imagine not living here in Colorado amidst the wonderful friends we've made - I can't believe I already feel so "at home". I love living here and know that we'll have the experiences and friendships we need to help us grow and learn.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Here we have Idaho!
Posted by chelsie at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I, for one, am glad you're in Colorado too! :)
Hmmm...what about your friends in Seattle? Hmmm? Don't you miss those people?! :)
When I saw the title to your blog it made me think of the Idaho State theme song.
I am so impressed with your attitude. You are the kind that will be happy anywhere and in any situation, I can tell. I am glad you love where you are living. It looks like you had a fun time in IF and I can totally relate to driving through the night just to have some peace and quiet!
Post a Comment