CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Our Summer Begins!

With the close of the school year comes a summer full of fun, right? :) Well, we've been trying to keep ourselves busy to alleviate some of the bickering and "What can I doooooo?" that comes with everyone being home together ALL day, EVERY day! We've made our list of field trips around the area and we're excited to get out and see/do it all!



Our first outing was to the Denver Zoo. We went with the Buffington family - Landon (7 yrs.), Blake (5 yrs.) and Savannah (2 yrs.) - our kids have such fun together and Becca (mom) and I have a great time as well! The zoo has lots to see - in fact, we only made it through about 2/3 before we were all ready for air conditioning, naps and snacks on the ride home.



The next day we ventured over to a nearby water park called "The Bay." It is designed for kids ages 13 and under, so it was a perfect fit for our family. Adyson loved the water slides and we had many races. I seemed to always come in 2nd - darn! Blake was a fish and loved splashing and playing on the small slide. Drew was as happy as can be sitting in 6 inches of water watching all of the action around her. We are looking forward to visiting again this summer - the kids ask every day "Are we going to the water park today?" Too bad it's not free!




Once again, we made it to the Children's Museum. It's so great having a family pass - we can go often and leave when we're tired! This was my first time alone with the kids and I was so proud of them for sticking by me and playing so well together.



Adyson has been taking group tennis lessons through the city's rec. dept. She's really enjoying it and will have another 3 weeks of lessons in July. Blake & Drew get to play on a nearby playground while Adyson wears herself out on the court. Next week we begin swimming lessons. Summer fun has begun!





5 comments:

LingoVise Says... said...

Wow! Everyone is getting so very big! Little Drew looks so much like Blake now! or is that just me?

Love all the photos... I wish we were having a little less rain so we could enjoy our outdoors more!

Traci said...

Wow, Chels! Way to go! Olivia has been asking me every day what we are going to do that day. Having a 4 week old baby, I just want to tell her, "Sit on the couch and watch TV"! What a lousy mom, huh? I hope I can get inspired by you.

Pearl Girl said...

looks like a lot of fun. Sure makes Tauphus Zoo seem pretty lame eh? Colorado suites you well. Have I said that before, you look right at home there.

Rob and Jenn said...

You guys have been busy! Looks like a lot of fun. Wish we could go to those places.
It was such a fun surprise to see you in the church halls a couple weeks ago. Wish it happened every Sunday!

Sean, Jessi and Jaydn Coletti said...

THat's so fun! Jaydn loved his tennis session too! You really are wearing yourself out! I'll call you soon!
LOve Jessi